Saturday, January 16, 2010

First day back!

First week back to work and photos!

The Royal Botanic Garden never stops to amaze. We were greeted with the most beautiful waterlillies we have ever seen! The poses, the perfection of the petals and the splashes of rain drops all over the flowers kept us glued by the pond, taking more and more shots.

On the other side of the garden, it is the end of the lotus era. It's a bit sad that we didn't manage to take more photos before all the lotus flowers became seedpods but then there will always be next year :)

Although I like most of my photos to be as sharp as possible, the first photo below is actually quite blurred. Somehow the blurriness did not bother me, I quite liked the way the photo turned out (even though it wasn't my initial intention), the fog like effect made the photo look almost like a paining in watercolours...

Autumn is almost here, I'm looking forward to taking more pictures of the different Autumn shades...and perhaps more shots of the succulent garden.




No comments:

Post a Comment